Updating the media player software version can be done by sending a CDAT file to the media player, then initiating the installation by publishing a "trigger" assignment to the player. This is essentially a remote re-imaging of the player. Please ensure that there are no interruptions to the player's power source during the installation, as this may cause the installation to fail and will require a manual re-imaging or RMA.
1. ComQi CSD will provide you with a link to download the CDAT file.
2. In EnGage, upload the CDAT file to Dynamic Content (Content tab).
3. A Campaign will be used to distribute the CDAT file to the player. In the Campaigns tab, create a campaign:
a) Step 1: The publish time and start time can be set to 12:01am of the current day, so the file gets to the player immediately. Make sure the end time falls after the upgrade is taking place
b) Step 2: Select the sites that require the CDAT file
c) Step 3: Select the CDAT file from Dynamic content
d) Save the campaign
Note that Campaigns take up to 30 minutes to process and the player will take some additional time to download the CDAT file.
4. When the CDAT file download is completed, navigate to the Players tab, select your player, navigate to the player’s Assignments tab, and from the Firmware assignments, assign the appropriate CDAT trigger:
R8.9.0/R8.9.1 upgrade from R8.7.4 8.9.0.GA should be used for all 8.9.x CDAT files
R8.11 upgrade from R8.9.x 8.11.0.GA should be used for all 8.12.x CDAT files
R8.14.0 upgrade from R8.x 8.14.0.GA should be used for all 8.14.0 CDAT files
It’s very important that only one of these three assignments is used for CDAT upgrades. A regular firmware assignment will not work. If you are unsure of which of the three triggers to use, please contact ComQi CSD.
5. Schedule this assignment to publish at the time of your choosing, or publish it immediately. As soon as the publish takes place, the installation will begin. The media player will appear as offline in EnGage while the installation takes place. The player will re-connect on its own. Do not interrupt the upgrade by rebooting or powering off the media player.
6. Check the firmware/image of the assigned player in the Sites/Overview tab to confirm that the installation was successful.