Prepare the site for VOD. Click the site within EnGage and enable the player's API within Site Settings found within the Assignments tab Click OK and republish the Site Settings to the changes.
Refer to the Adding a Widget solution to get started.
Choose the VOD widget from the EnGage app store and click the Continue button.
Note: The player at the site must be actively connected to EnGage in order to take advantage of the VOD widget.
Begin by adding an item to the VOD playlist:
- Click the green plus sign
- Name the video. (It is best practice to use a descriptive name so users can determine the exact video they are choosing to play on the panel)
- Add a description about the video.
- Choose the Content/Media. This is the video file.
- Choose a Thumbnail to display within the playlist for user to identify the video.
- Click Save and continue to add items to the playlist.
To make any changes to the item within your playlist, check the box to the right and edit the video details. To remove a video, firs select the video and click the red X. Click the Save button.
Next, click the Settings tab.
- Enter name
- Leave Skip Duration Set to Standard, 5 seconds
- Pre Content Timeout - Refers to how many seconds the image will display on the screen if a video does not get played. It will no longer display after the timeout period and regular programming will restore to normal playback.
- Pre-Content - Click the Choose Media Button to select content that will play before a selected video
- Post- Content - Click the Choose Media Button to select content that will play after video playback is complete
- Not Available Content - Click the Choose Media Button to select content that will display on the screen if a selected video is not available or is not playing properly