Created by David Wooldridge, last modified by Evan Pertak Oct, 2020
Latest Version: 3.5
This is a Windows installation package. Once installed it will create a shortcut on the desktop. Double click this to run. Follow the prompts for testing the Production, VAR, VAR-HTTP, or CL3 environment. It will perform all the tests in a command prompt window, and open an image indicating if the test passed or failed. It will log all output to a file on the desktop named something like "engage-conn-test-results_21-Aug-2019_1026.txt".
1. Download and install the test tool on your laptop.
2. Connect your laptop to internet the same way that the media player will connect. For example:
a) Plug the network cable intended for the player into your laptop and make sure your laptop connection settings are set to LAN.
b) If the player will be connecting to a wireless network, connect your laptop to that WiFi network.
c) If the player requires a static IP address, set your laptop to connect to that IP.
3. Once connected do a quick test to confirm you can browse the internet (Open your browser and navigate to a website).
4. Run the test tool by double-clicking the program icon.
5. Follow the prompts for testing Production, VAR, VAR-HTTP, or CL3 environment.
If you are unsure which environment to test, please contact ComQi CSD for assistance.
6. When the test is completed an image will appear with either a "Pass" or "Fail" notification. After you close the test and notification windows, a detailed report will generate in the form of a text document. This report will appear in C:\Users\username ("username" being the name of your Windows admin account)
7. This detailed report shows "pass" or "fail" for all required ports. If any ports fail, request assistance from local IT. These ports need to be open.