USB key update instructions: EnGage server connection settings
How to connect a player to an EnGage environment
Connection settings .zip file
USB thumb drive
PC or laptop
1. Download the appropriate connection settings .zip file from the home page of the EnGage Help section, under the section “USB Player Updates”.
2. Plug the thumb drive into your computer and make sure it is empty and formatted FAT32 or exFAT.
3. The connection settings .zip file must be extracted directly onto the thumb drive:
a) As you extract the .zip, select the USB thumb drive as the destination path.
b) Place the .zip in the thumb drive and select “extract here”. (Remove the .zip file once extracted)
Your thumb drive must look like this or the player will not be able to copy the files properly and the update will fail:
4. Move the thumb drive from your computer to an available USB port on the media player.
5. Power on or reboot the player. As the player boots up, look for a message on screen that confirms the update was successful: “Performing USB update…USB update complete” Note: This message will appear and disappear quickly.
6. Remove the thumb drive once you have seen this message.
1. If the USB update fails, repeat the process and watch for the on-screen confirmation message mentioned in step 5.
2. Try a different USB port on the media player.
3. Double-check that the thumb drive is prepared correctly (Steps 2 & 3 above).
4. Some USB thumb drives may not be compatible with the media player. If the process continually fails, try a different thumb drive.