USB key update instructions: Default Connection Schedule
How to reconnect a media player that is offline due to a custom Connection Schedule
Connection Schedule assignments are schedules of when the player is allowed to connect to EnGage and download content. By default, the player is always allowed to connect and download. For situations where you need to restrict connectivity, such as a site with strict network rules or at a tradeshow, you can create your own Connection Schedule. When a Connection Schedule disables connectivity between certain hours of the day, the player will remain disconnected from EnGage until the time in which you have scheduled it to reconnect. To forcibly reconnect a media player that is offline due to a custom Connection Schedule, follow the steps below.
1. Assign and publish the Default Connection Schedule to your Site in EnGage. This ensures that the player is not kicked offline after this update.
2. Download the attached .zip file to your computer
3. Extract the zip to an empty USB thumb drive. The contents of the zip must not be within a parent folder; extract directly to the root of the thumb drive.
The drive must look like this:
4. Insert the USB key into the media player and fully power cycle the player. When the player boots up, it will copy the configuration file off the USB key onto the player. Look for the confirmation message on screen "Performing USB Update....USB Update Complete"
5. Once the player has fully booted, the USB key can be removed from the player.
If the media player fails to connect:
Double-check your USB thumb drive by repeating Step 3 above. The files in the thumb drive must look like the screenshot in Step 3.
Repeat Step 4. Look for the confirmation message on screen "Performing USB Update....USB Update Complete" If you do not see this message, then the USB update failed. If the USB update failed, repeat Step 3 and ensure that your thumb drive looks like the above screenshot.
If the USB update was successful, leave the player powered on and allow it time to connect to EnGage. Some players/networks take longer to establish connection than expected.